To start off with I created some mind maps for the top 3 themes which I thought would be interesting to create a brand for an exhibition. These themes were Artisan, Beyond Boarders and Uniform, in these mind maps I thought about what the words meant and ideas that were both literal and none literal.
- creative traditional
- love spoons – welsh heritage
- worker in a skilled trade especially one involves making things by hand.
- personal boundaries – anxiety, emotional boundaries
- boarders physical
- Political Brexit etc
- Mass production
- remaining the same in all cases
- distinctive clothing – literal sense of uniform
- beyond the uniform – person wearing the uniform itself
I decided that I wanted to look further into Uniform, I felt that this would be give me an opportunity to explore something interesting something that I haven’t explored before. I went on to create a second mind map to expand on my ideas for uniform, in particular this idea of looking at the person in the uniform. From this I started to think about looking at psychological effects of uniform on both members of the public and those who wear it and this was the route that I have decided will be the basis for the exhibition.